Need a bookkeeping system made especially for etsy sellers?
Are you an Etsy shop owner without a bookkeeping system to support you?
Do you have financial paperwork and receipts stuffed into a shoebox, like a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode once your taxes are due?
Or maybe you just opened your Etsy shop, and you’re trying to figure out how to get this bookkeeping thing set up correctly from the beginning.
Accounting doesn’t come naturally to a lot of people, and it’s certainly not something most of us want to spend our free time doing. But keeping track of your shop’s finances can actually help your business make more money! Not to mention you gotta do it to deal with taxes.
THAT’S WHY I CREATED THE ETSY SELLER SPREADSHEET, A TOOL THAT DOES THE HEAVY-LIFTING FOR YOU, SO YOU CAN HAVE THE DATA YOU NEED TO MAKE SMART DECISIONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND MORE TIME TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE (CREATE!).
I debuted the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet back in 2015 and have sold thousands since. This spreadsheet has received countless rave reviews from Etsy sellers and makers about how user-friendly it is. And you are really going to love how it’s made especially for you – the maker, artisan, or Etsy shop owner. It even imports directly from Etsy!
Unlike other bookkeeping programs, all video instructions and written material is designed especially with you in mind, from a fellow Etsy seller, maker, and accountant.
The Etsy Seller Spreadsheet was created by myself – a Certified Public Accountant and real life maker – to help Etsy shop owners automate and simplify their monthly bookkeeping process. This tool compiles your business’ revenue and expenses each month to calculate your net profit. There are separate tabs to help you categorize expenses, along with monthly tabs for importing your Etsy transactional data directly from Etsy.
Not familiar with bookkeeping or with how to use a spreadsheet? No fear. Your purchase includes not only a detailed instruction guide in PDF form, but also a multi-part series of video tutorials to guide you through each step of how to import, use, and interpret the data on your Etsy Seller Spreadsheet.
““I have to tell you that your spreadsheet has changed my life. I used to have no clue about my income, and now I look forward to inputting it every month! It’s taken my from a place of being overwhelmed with the numbers, to feeling like I’m in control and I know what’s going on. It’s so funny to think that a spreadsheet can really change so much about my life, but yours has!”
What does the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet do?
- Saves you tons of time – Quickly import your Etsy sales, fees, refunds, and sales tax info each month with just a few mouse clicks. The spreadsheet uses built-in formulas to summarize the data you need to know, making less work for you.
- See all your sales in one place – You can also manually input your sales from all your other sources, such as PayPal, Shopify, your own site, craft shows, etc.
- Input expense receipts – Expenses categories each have their own tab. As you make purchases or pay bills throughout the month, you can enter your expenses on a receipt-by-receipt basis in the appropriate category.
- Makes tax time so much easier – The expense tabs roughly correlate to the expense categories on your business’ tax return, making the process of doing your taxes a lot more streamlined and simplified for you or your accountant.
- Know your shop’s financial health at a glance – Empower yourself and be a smart CFO by instantly calculating your net profit or loss each month, enabling you to make smarter budgeting and goal-setting decisions.
- Deal with sales taxes – Automatically calculate some of the most important data for your state sales tax return, including total in-state sales each month. Also track sales transactions by state in order to keep up with changing online sales tax requirements.
if you want to spend your time creating beautiful things, not crunching numbers, this is for you!
Your etsy seller spreadsheet is so much more than just a spreadsheet! your purchase includes:
- Two instantly downloadable & usable multi-tabbed spreadsheet file, openable in Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets – for 2018 and 2019.
- Any future or past year versions you may need are available for free in your Membership account after purchase (future years are released in Q4 of the preceding year)
- Detailed PDF instructions
- Freebie ebook “Take Control of Your Bookkeeping & Build a Profitable Etsy Biz”, outlining how to set up your bookkeeping system and how to use your financial data for goal-setting and planning purposes
- Video tutorials with step-by-step instructions on how to use your spreadsheet (great for visual learners and spreadsheet newbies!)
Wait, now who the heck made this?
Hi there, my name’s Janet (I’m the one in front of the computer!) and I run a fun little biz called Paper + Spark.
I’m a Certified Public Accountant AND a real life maker. When I started selling jewelry on Etsy in 2011, I saw a huge need for more financial & tax resources especially for the handmade community.
Too many of us are letting numbers intimidate us! I don’t want your finances to be something that holds you back from achieving your entrepreneurial dreams.
That’s why in 2014 I combined my love of numbers with my love of all things creative and founded Paper + Spark. My founding product (and still my bestseller to this day!) is the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet.
Not ready to buy just yet?
Sign up for the free 5-day CFO 101 series and get empowered.
Each day for 5 days, you’ll get an info-packed – but in PLAIN English! – email straight to your inbox tackling one important financial topic (like sales taxes, bookkeeping, etc.).
By the end of the week, you’ll better understand your financial responsibilities as an Etsy seller!
Have questions about any of our spreadsheets? Not sure which tool best fits your needs? Check out the Spreadsheet Resource page for FAQs, videos, and more info.
The term ‘Etsy’ is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This spreadsheet is not endorsed or certified by Etsy, Inc.