The Square Seller Spreadsheet
When it comes to your bookkeeping, it’s time to go from clueless to confident.
Are you a craft show vendor or online seller using Square to accept payment? Need a bookkeeping system to support you, but not sure where to begin? Or maybe you have some complicated bookkeeping software set up that you never, ever use because the learning curve is through the roof?
Do you have financial paperwork and receipts stuffed into a shoebox, like a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode in your face once your taxes are due?
The financial side of being a creative biz owner doesn’t come naturally to a lot of us…and it’s certainly not something most of us want to spend our precious free time doing.
Enter the Square Seller Spreadsheet, a tool that does the heavy-lifting for you, so you have the data you need to make smart decisions for your business and more time to do what you love (create!).
I’ve sold hundreds of my bookkeeping templates to makers, creatives, and online entrepreneurs since 2015. The Square Seller Spreadsheet is the result of tons of user feedback, testing, and tweaking. I’m confident you’re going to love it!
This spreadsheet was created by a Certified Public Accountant to help Square sellers automate and simplify their monthly bookkeeping process. This tool compiles your business’ revenue and expenses each month to calculate your net profit. There are separate tabs to help you categorize expenses, along with monthly tabs for importing your Square transactions directly from SquareUp.
Not familiar with bookkeeping or with how to use a spreadsheet? No fear. Your purchase includes not only a detailed instruction guide in PDF form, but also a 2-part series of video tutorials to guide you through each step of how to import, use, and interpret the data on your Square Seller Spreadsheet.
What will the Square Seller Spreadsheet help me do?
- Quickly import Square data – Save time by quickly importing your Square sales each month, along with sales tax collected, tips, refunds issued, and Square fees. The spreadsheet compiles the totals you need from an easy import from SquareUp, making less work for you.
- See all your sales in one place – You can also manually input your sales from all your other sources, like Paypal, eBay, cash, etc., or use one of our import add on tools to automate from other online venues.
- Input expense receipts – Expenses categories each have their own tab. As you make purchases or pay bills throughout the month, you can enter your expenses on a receipt-by-receipt basis in the appropriate category. This means you have a great backup of your expense totals at year-end to backup your tax numbers or give to your accountant.
- Make tax time so much easier – The expense categories roughly correlate to the expense categories on your business’ tax return, making the process of doing your taxes a lot more streamlined and simplified for you or your accountant.
- Calculate net profit or loss each month – Know instantly whether your biz is making a profit or a loss throughout the year, enabling you to make smarter budgeting and goal-setting decisions.
- Deal with sales taxes – Compile all your sales tax collected and in-state sales in one place.
Your Square Seller Spreadsheet is so much more than just a spreadsheet! Your purchase includes:
- Two instantly downloadable & usable multi-tabbed spreadsheet file, openable in Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets – one for 2017 and 2018. Versions for future/past years are available on request free of charge.
- A detailed PDF instruction guide
- Series of video tutorials with step-by-step instructions on how to use your spreadsheet (for all you visual learners, learn how to use by seeing it in action!)
It’s more than just a spreadsheet template…it’s also complete instructions on how to enter, use, and interpret the data you’re looking at. The spreadsheet includes all the resources you need to go from confused about your finances to confident + capable.
Are you looking for a spreadsheet to help you with logging supplies, tracking inventory, and pricing your goods for sale? Our Inventory Cost & Pricing spreadsheet might be a better fit. Check it out here.
Got procrastination issues? Need some help staying committed to your new bookkeeping spreadsheet on a consistent basis? Join the Accounting Accountability Club.
Have questions about any of our spreadsheets? Not sure which tool best fits your needs? Check out the Spreadsheet Resource page for FAQs, videos, and more info.