Get ready to spend more time creating beautiful things, and less time worrying about your numbers.
Paper + Spark’s automated bookkeeping templates are created by an accountant/maker…especially for other makers, artists, and e-commerce sellers.
My spreadsheet tools give you everything you need to easily do your books, and NO overwhelming bells & whistles (or monthly subscription costs) that you don’t need.
Are you an Etsy seller without a bookkeeping system to support you? Maybe you’ve tried to set up your own DIY system for doing your books, but got confused and gave up. Or maybe you’ve tried to use bookkeeping software, but got overwhelmed and stopped updating it.
Bookkeeping, accounting, tax stuff… it doesn’t come naturally to a lot of us, and it’s certainly not something most of us WANT to spend our limited free time doing! But keeping track of your shop’s finances is essential. Not only does knowing your money help you MAKE more money, but you gotta deal with taxes every year!
As an Etsy selling, jewelry making Certified Public Accountant, I saw so many fellow makers struggling with the financial side of running their shops. I knew doing your books could be easy and (relatively) painless, given the right tools, direction, and support.
That’s exactly why I created the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet in 2015 – a tool that does the heavy-lifting & number-crunching for you – with crystal clear instructions and guidance. This tool gives you the data you need to make smart decisions for your business and have more time to do what you love – create beautiful things and make sales!
Download your own Etsy Seller Spreadsheet today and get caught up on & confident about your numbers in just a couple hours.
“I have to tell you that your spreadsheet has changed my life. I used to have no clue about my income, and now I look forward to inputting it every month! It’s taken my from a place of being overwhelmed with the numbers, to feeling like I’m in control and I know what’s going on. It’s so funny to think that a spreadsheet can really change so much about my life, but yours has!” – Jillian
What does the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet do?
- Quickly import Etsy data – Save time by quickly importing your Etsy sales each month, along with some of your Etsy fees & sales taxes collected. The spreadsheet takes the data it needs for you, making less work for you.
- See all your sales in one place – You can also manually input your sales from all your other sources, such as Paypal, eBay, your own site, craft shows, etc.
- Input expense receipts – Expenses categories each have their own tab. As you make purchases or pay bills throughout the month, you can enter your expenses on a receipt-by-receipt basis in the appropriate category. This means you have a great backup of your expense totals at year-end to backup your tax numbers or give to your accountant.
- Make tax time so much easier – The expense categories roughly correlate to the expense categories on your business’ tax return, making the process of doing your taxes a lot more streamlined and simplified for you or your accountant.
- Calculate net profit or loss each month – Know instantly whether your biz is making a profit or a loss throughout the year, enabling you to make smarter budgeting and goal-setting decisions.
- Deal with sales taxes – Our updated Etsy Seller Spreadsheet includes a tab that will quickly tell you some of the most important data for your state sales tax return, including total in-state sales each month, and sales per state for economic nexus tracking.
Why a Paper + Spark spreadsheet?
Traditional bookkeeping software is made with accountants in mind. It’s expensive (and generally requires a monthly subscription payment), bulky, and oftentimes more complicated than a micro business like yours needs. It’s made for any and all types of small businesses, and not specific to YOUR business needs as a handmade biz owner or e-commerce seller. When your bookkeeping software is too complicated, too vague, and support or in-plain-English instruction is lacking, you tend to procrastinate on using it. Not updating your books consistently means severe stress once year end or tax deadlines hit.
Spreadsheets are powerful but simple tools. Partner a well-crafted spreadsheet file designed by an accountant intimately acquainted with e-commerce with clear, understandable instructions and you’ve got a formula for bookkeeping success. You get everything you need to feel empowered by your numbers, and nothing you don’t need.
Paper + Spark has been selling spreadsheets since 2015. We currently support thousands of makers and creative entrepreneurs in doing their books and understanding their money. Our spreadsheets have received countless rave reviews from shop owners. No other bookkeeping solution out there offers our level of step-by-step guidance & support. We also stay up-to-date on e-commerce reporting and platform changes.
With a Paper + Spark spreadsheet, you’ll pay a one-time fee for lifetime access to your files and support. We provide any future year files and updates for free, forever, via the account you create at checkout. You can always reach out in the Accounting Accountability Club, or via DM or email, and get answers to your spreadsheet & bookkeeping questions.
What do users have to say about their Paper + Spark spreadsheet?
Responses to my recent survey highlighted these themes amongst spreadsheet users:
- Tax time is much easier with their Paper + Spark spreadsheet
- Their purchase comes with a wealth of support materials created by an accountant who is down-to-earth and easy to follow (thanks y’all!)
- The spreadsheet gives them a clean way to get organized & a bird’s eye view of their business. They love that this tool was made specifically for makers & crafters and how simple and user-friendly it is to update.
- Many users said “My accountant loves your spreadsheet too!” — the highest form of praise!
Paper + Spark users are more likely to actually DO their books consistently and over the long term. According to survey results, 65% of spreadsheet users have been using their sheets for at least 2 years. 61% of spreadsheet users report that they update their sheets at least once a month.
Are you looking for a spreadsheet to help you with logging supplies, tracking inventory, and pricing your goods for sale? One of our inventory spreadsheets may be a good fit. Check them out here.
Need the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet and an inventory spreadsheet too? Build your own bundle of spreadsheets and get a significant discount here.
Have questions about any of our spreadsheets? Not sure which tool best fits your needs? Check out the Spreadsheet Resource page for FAQs, videos, and more info.
The term ‘Etsy’ is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This spreadsheet is not endorsed or certified by Etsy, Inc.