Etsy accounting and finances are finally easy for you.
You’re a fabulous seller on Etsy! You make gorgeous products. You love running your shop, interacting with your customers, and coming up with all the ideas!
BUT, you aren’t so in love with the other side of your business. You know – the numbers and fees and taxes and that whole accounting side.
Loads of Etsy sellers leave their numbers for the end of the year when the tax deadline comes around. Why? Because working with numbers feels overwhelming and hard. You’re a maker, not a CPA!
You’re probably not sure of the best way to keep track of your sales, expenses, and tax stuff. And THAT stuff is actually critical to keeping your shop afloat. Keeping track of your books is essential if you want to be profitable. Money experts know you have to monitor your money if you want to make more of it!
And deep down, you know tax time would be so much less stressful & headachey if you were a little bit better at keeping track of your numbers monthly.
Paper + Spark’s spreadsheets simplify the accounting for you so you can spend more time making, selling, and being awesome. Easy as that!
I’m a jewelry maker, Etsy shop owner, CPA, and number lover. So I know your pain! And I decided to do something about it and share my knowledge.
Paper + Spark spreadsheets are full of automagical formulas and come with step-by-step instructions. All you need to do is copy your Etsy CSV file and paste it into your new, sparkly spreadsheet. Then instantly know where you stand financially!
Download your own Etsy Seller Spreadsheet today and get caught up on & confident about your numbers in just a couple hours.
“I have to tell you that your spreadsheet has changed my life. I used to have no clue about my income, and now I look forward to inputting it every month! It’s taken my from a place of being overwhelmed with the numbers, to feeling like I’m in control and I know what’s going on. It’s so funny to think that a spreadsheet can really change so much about my life, but yours has!” – Jillian
What if I don’t understand spreadsheets or numbers?
Oh hey there, normal person. You’re not alone! That’s the main reason why I founded Paper + Spark in 2015 – to help creatives like you understand this side of your biz. Most Etsy shop owners, just like you, are experts at crafting their one-of-a-kind products, not at doing their books.
The Etsy Seller Spreadsheet comes loaded with the tricks that accountants use so you don’t have to worry about crunching the numbers yourself or finding the right report here or there. All you need to do is copy & paste your Etsy info and follow the instructions. We’ll show you how to do your books for the month and record all your transactions!
Six magical ways the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet simplifies your money matters and your business life:
- Quickly import Etsy data – Save time by quickly importing your Etsy sales each month, along with some of your Etsy fees & sales taxes collected. The spreadsheet takes the data it needs for you, making less work for you.
- See all your sales in one place – You can also manually input your sales from all your other sources, such as Paypal, eBay, your own site, craft shows, etc.
- Plug in business expenses & receipts – Your spreadsheet keeps track of your expenses, too. Expenses categories each have their own tab. As you make purchases or pay bills throughout the month, you can enter your expenses in the matching category. Now you’ll have precise tracking of your expense totals for tax time and your accountant will love you!
- Make tax time a breeze – The spreadsheet is set up to make tax time simple for you. The revenue & expense categories roughly correlate to the ones on your business’ tax forms, making the process of doing your taxes a lot more streamlined and less stressful for you or your accountant.
- Calculate net profit or loss each month – Know instantly whether your biz is making a profit or a loss throughout the year, enabling you to make smarter budgeting and goal-setting decisions.
- Deal with sales taxes – The Etsy Seller Spreadsheet includes a tab that will quickly tell you some of the most important data for your state sales tax return, including total in-state sales each month, and sales per state for economic nexus tracking.
Why a Paper + Spark spreadsheet?
Traditional bookkeeping software is made with accountants in mind. It’s expensive (and generally requires a monthly subscription payment), bulky, and oftentimes more complicated than a micro business like yours needs. It’s made for any and all types of small businesses, and not specific to YOUR business needs as a handmade biz owner or e-commerce seller. When your bookkeeping software is too complicated, too vague, and support or in-plain-English instruction is lacking, you tend to procrastinate on using it. Not updating your books consistently means severe stress once year end or tax deadlines hit.
Spreadsheets are powerful but simple tools. Partner a well-crafted spreadsheet file designed by an accountant intimately acquainted with e-commerce with clear, understandable instructions and you’ve got a formula for bookkeeping success. You get everything you need to feel empowered by your numbers, and nothing you don’t need.
Paper + Spark has been selling spreadsheets since 2015. We currently support thousands of makers and creative entrepreneurs in doing their books and understanding their money. Our spreadsheets have received countless rave reviews from shop owners. No other bookkeeping solution out there offers our level of step-by-step guidance & support. We also stay up-to-date on e-commerce reporting and platform changes.
With a Paper + Spark spreadsheet, you’ll pay a one-time fee for lifetime access to your files and support. We provide any future year files and updates for free, forever, via the account you create at checkout. You can always reach out in the Accounting Accountability Club, or via DM or email, and get answers to your spreadsheet & bookkeeping questions.
What do users have to say about their Paper + Spark spreadsheet?
Responses to my recent survey highlighted these themes amongst spreadsheet users:
- Tax time is much easier with their Paper + Spark spreadsheet
- Their purchase comes with a wealth of support materials created by an accountant who is down-to-earth and easy to follow (thanks y’all!)
- The spreadsheet gives them a clean way to get organized & a bird’s eye view of their business. They love that this tool was made specifically for makers & crafters and how simple and user-friendly it is to update.
- Many users said “My accountant loves your spreadsheet too!” — the highest form of praise!
Paper + Spark users are more likely to actually DO their books consistently and over the long term. According to survey results, 65% of spreadsheet users have been using their sheets for at least 2 years. 61% of spreadsheet users report that they update their sheets at least once a month.
Are you looking for a spreadsheet to help you with logging supplies, tracking inventory, and pricing your goods for sale? One of our inventory spreadsheets may be a good fit. Check them out here.
Need the Etsy Seller Spreadsheet and an inventory spreadsheet too? Build your own bundle of spreadsheets and get a significant discount here.
Have questions about any of our spreadsheets? Not sure which tool best fits your needs? Check out the Spreadsheet Resource page for FAQs, videos, and more info.
The term ‘Etsy’ is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This spreadsheet is not endorsed or certified by Etsy, Inc.