When it comes to your bookkeeping, it’s time to go from confused to capable.
Are you Shopify seller without a bookkeeping system to support you? Have you tried to set up a process for dealing with your business’ finances, but you quickly get overwhelmed or confused and give up?
Do you have financial paperwork and receipts stuffed into a shoebox, like a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode once your taxes are due?
Or maybe you just opened your Shopify shop, and you’re trying to figure out how to get this bookkeeping thing set up correctly from the beginning. You take a look at Shopify’s reports, and get overwhelmed trying to interpret the data there.
Accounting doesn’t come naturally to a lot of people, and it’s certainly not something most creatives want to spend their free time doing. But did you know that keeping track of your shop’s finances can actually help your business make more money?
That’s why we created the Shopify Seller Spreadsheet, a tool that does the heavy-lifting for you, so you can have the data you need to make smart decisions for your business and more time to do what you love (create!).
I’ve sold hundreds of my bookkeeping templates to Etsy shop owners and other online sellers since 2015. The Shopify Seller Spreadsheet is the result of tons of user feedback, testing, and tweaking. I’m confident you’re going to love it!
This spreadsheet was created by a Certified Public Accountant to help Shopify sellers automate and simplify their monthly bookkeeping process. This tool compiles your business’ revenue and expenses each month to calculate your net profit. There are separate tabs to help you categorize expenses, along with monthly tabs for importing your Shopify transactional data directly from Shopify.
Not familiar with bookkeeping or with how to use a spreadsheet? No fear. Your purchase includes not only a detailed instruction guide in PDF form, but also a 3-part series of video tutorials to guide you through each step of how to import, use, and interpret the data on your Shopify Seller Spreadsheet.
What does the Shopify Seller Spreadsheet help me do?
- Quickly import Shopify data – Save time by quickly importing your Shopify sales each month, along with shipping received, sales tax collected, and refunds issued. The spreadsheet takes the data it needs for you, making less work for you.
- Walk you through entering your Shopify & PayPal fees – I’ll show you exactly where to find all the fees you need to record, and show you how to interpret Shopify & PayPal reports so you know exactly what you’re looking at.
- See all your sales in one place – You can also manually input your sales from all your other sources, such as Paypal, eBay, your own site, craft shows, etc.
- Input expense receipts – Expenses categories each have their own tab. As you make purchases or pay bills throughout the month, you can enter your expenses on a receipt-by-receipt basis in the appropriate category. This means you have a great backup of your expense totals at year-end to backup your tax numbers or give to your accountant.
- Make tax time so much easier – The expense categories roughly correlate to the expense categories on your business’ tax return, making the process of doing your taxes a lot more streamlined and simplified for you or your accountant.
- Calculate net profit or loss each month – Know instantly whether your biz is making a profit or a loss throughout the year, enabling you to make smarter budgeting and goal-setting decisions.
- Deal with sales taxes – Compile all your sales tax collected and in-state sales in one place.
Your Shopify Seller Spreadsheet is so much more than just a spreadsheet! Your purchase includes:
- Two instantly downloadable & usable multi-tabbed spreadsheet files, openable in Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets – one for 2018 and 2019. Versions for past/future years are available free of charge in your Membership account after purchase.
- A detailed PDF instruction guide
- Series of video tutorials with step-by-step instructions on how to use your spreadsheet
It’s more than just a spreadsheet template…it’s also complete instructions on how to enter, use, and interpret the data you’re looking at. The spreadsheet includes all the resources you need to go from confused about your finances to confident + capable.
Got procrastination issues? Need some help staying committed to your new bookkeeping spreadsheet on a consistent basis? Join the Accounting Accountability Club.
Are you looking for a spreadsheet to help you with logging supplies, tracking inventory, and pricing your goods for sale? One of our inventory spreadsheets may be a good fit. Check them out here.
Need the Shopify Seller Spreadsheet and an inventory spreadsheet too? Build your own bundle of spreadsheets and get a significant discount here.
Due to the nature of their reporting, I do not recommend you use this spreadsheet with the PayPal import add on. You could potentially double count your Shopify PayPal sales.
Have questions about any of our spreadsheets? Not sure which tool best fits your needs? Check out the Spreadsheet Resource page for FAQs, videos, and more info.