You know what you need to do…but you just aren’t doing it.
You know you *should* be updating your biz finances each month, but it’s just so dang hard to sit down and actually take the time to do it. There are other things that need tending to – like filling orders, running to the post office, taking your kid to the doctor, an emergency craft supply run, talking to your husband, watching Netflix…heck, anything takes priority over dealing with your numbers!
We sort of just keep putting it off, and putting it off, trusting we’ll get to it eventually…when there’s time. Suddently, the dreaded tax deadline approaches and you’ve got pretty much nothing done.
Does this sound familiar? Let’s avoid this problem, shall we?
Enter the Accounting Accountability Club – a group designed to help you stay on track with your monthly bookkeeping tasks. The purpose of the AAC is to keep you accountable, motivated and organized so that updating your finances gets checked off your to do list with minimal stress and energy.
The Accounting Accountability Club fights your internal procrastination monster, takes the emotion out of your bookkeeping and automates the process as much as possible. This program is part group accountability and part accountant-kicking-you-in-the-booty to #getitdone.
Every month, you will receive a series of personalized, printable checklists of what you need to do to complete your bookkeeping tasks for the time period, along with other pertinent info and timely reminders. You can also work alongside your fellow creative entrepreneurs in the private Facebook group to stay motivated and even compete for prizes (hey, bribery works!)
Monthly Emails & Printable Checklists:
- Each month, on the first of the month, you will get an email with printable, personalized step-by-step checklists of what you need to accomplish to get your Paper + Spark spreadsheets updated for the month. Your checklists will include tasks for updating your sales and expenses, along with your inventory, if applicable.
- Your monthly email reminders will also include tax deadlines for sales tax, quarterly tax payments, and more, to help you stay on top of your obligations to the tax man.
- You can also expect to receive other helpful reminders and checklists in your inbox, like how to perform a quarterly financial checkup or an inventory count.
- If I see you haven’t opened your monthly reminder email after a few days, I’ll send you another one! You’re paying me to be a pest and keep you from falling behind, remember?
Accountability Club & Group Motivation:
- Join our private Facebook group and work alongside your peers for extra motivation and accountability.
- Answer weekly & monthly prompts to make sure you stay on top of things, and get extra reminders via social media (incase you’re ignoring your inbox!).
- Have a place to get your questions answered as you go, vent your frustrations about your love/hate relationship with biz money, and cheer others on.
- Join our monthly Office Hours to get one-on-one help and questions answered on the spot!
- Share your accomplishments on social media with our club’s hashtag. Every quarter I will pick one random hashtag sharer to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
The Accounting Accountability Club is for you if…
You have a P+S spreadsheet but you have yet to get started with it, or you struggle to keep it consistently updated.
You’re about to buy a P+S spreadsheet and think you’d like a little bit of hand holding to start out strong and build your financial confidence.
You’re afraid of missing an important step in the bookkeeping process and having it bite you in the booty at tax time.
You love a good checklist to keep you organized from start to finish, motivated, and on track.
You thrive on group accountability, and you’d love a place to get your questions answered on the go.
You’re motivated by shame, peer pressure, bribery, treats, pride, checking things off to do lists, or persistent emails. Let’s be honest here!
How does the annual membership work?
Access to the Accounting Accountability Club is $26 a year. You are welcome to purchase 12 months of membership (and get twelve rounds of emails) at any time of the year. Your email reminders will start on the 1st of the month following the month of your purchase. You’ll pick up right where we are – with timely and applicable checklists and reminders for whatever season we’re in.
As your 12-month membership comes to a close, you’ll be sent email reminders letting you know that it’s time to renew. If you choose not to renew (sad panda!), you’ll be removed from the email list and the private Facebook group when your membership expires. I will send you payment reminders, and although I hope you do stick around, I will NOT automatically charge your card for a new year’s membership! That’s just yucky.