When it comes to your bookkeeping, it’s time to go from confused to capable.
Are you a Shopify seller without a bookkeeping system to support you? Have you tried to set up a process for dealing with your business’ finances, but you quickly get overwhelmed or confused and give up?
Get ready to win back more time to create products & make sales with this automated bookkeeping template from Paper + Spark. My spreadsheet tools give you everything you need to easily do your books, and NO overwhelming bells & whistles (or monthly subscription costs) that you don’t need.
Say goodbye to your receipt-stuffed shoeboxes or drawers. Bookkeeping, accounting, tax stuff… it doesn’t come naturally to a lot of us, and it’s certainly not something most of us WANT to spend our limited free time doing! But keeping track of your shop’s finances is essential. Not only does knowing your money help you MAKE more money, but you gotta deal with taxes every year!
As a Certified Public Accountant who was also a maker & e-commerce seller, I saw so many of my fellow shop owners struggling with the financial side of running things. I knew doing your books could be easy and (relatively) painless, given the right tools, direction, and support.
That’s why I created my line of Seller Spreadsheets back in 2015. These templates do the heavy-lifting for you, so you can have the data you need to make smart decisions for your business and more time to do what you love (create!).
Download the Shopify Seller Spreadsheet today and get caught up on & confident about your numbers in just a couple hours!
What does the Shopify Seller Spreadsheet help me do?
- Quickly import Shopify data – Save time by quickly importing your Shopify sales each month, along with shipping received, sales tax collected, and refunds issued. The spreadsheet takes the data it needs for you, making less work for you.
- Walk you through entering your Shopify & PayPal fees – I’ll show you exactly where to find all the fees you need to record, and show you how to interpret Shopify & PayPal reports so you know exactly what you’re looking at.
- See all your sales in one place – You can also manually input your sales from all your other sources, such as Paypal, eBay, your own site, craft shows, etc.
- Input expense receipts – Expenses categories each have their own tab. As you make purchases or pay bills throughout the month, you can enter your expenses on a receipt-by-receipt basis in the appropriate category. This means you have a great backup of your expense totals at year-end to backup your tax numbers or give to your accountant.
- Make tax time so much easier – The expense categories roughly correlate to the expense categories on your business’ tax return, making the process of doing your taxes a lot more streamlined and simplified for you or your accountant.
- Calculate net profit or loss each month – Know instantly whether your biz is making a profit or a loss throughout the year, enabling you to make smarter budgeting and goal-setting decisions.
- Deal with sales taxes – Compile all your sales tax collected and in-state sales in one place.
Why a Paper + Spark spreadsheet?
Traditional bookkeeping software is made with accountants in mind. It’s expensive (and generally requires a monthly subscription payment), bulky, and oftentimes more complicated than a micro business like yours needs. It’s made for any and all types of small businesses, and not specific to YOUR business needs as a handmade biz owner or e-commerce seller. When your bookkeeping software is too complicated, too vague, and support or in-plain-English instruction is lacking, you tend to procrastinate on using it. Not updating your books consistently means severe stress once year end or tax deadlines hit.
Spreadsheets are powerful but simple tools. Partner a well-crafted spreadsheet file designed by an accountant intimately acquainted with e-commerce with clear, understandable instructions and you’ve got a formula for bookkeeping success. You get everything you need to feel empowered by your numbers, and nothing you don’t need.
Paper + Spark has been selling spreadsheets since 2015. We currently support thousands of makers and creative entrepreneurs in doing their books and understanding their money. Our spreadsheets have received countless rave reviews from shop owners. No other bookkeeping solution out there offers our level of step-by-step guidance & support. We also stay up-to-date on e-commerce reporting and platform changes.
With a Paper + Spark spreadsheet, you’ll pay a one-time fee for lifetime access to your files and support. We provide any future year files and updates for free, forever, via the account you create at checkout. You can always reach out in the Accounting Accountability Club, or via DM or email, and get answers to your spreadsheet & bookkeeping questions.
What do users have to say about their Paper + Spark spreadsheet?
Responses to my recent survey highlighted these themes amongst spreadsheet users:
Tax time is much easier with their Paper + Spark spreadsheet
Their purchase comes with a wealth of support materials created by an accountant who is down-to-earth and easy to follow (thanks y’all!)
The spreadsheet gives them a clean way to get organized & a bird’s eye view of their business. They love that this tool was made specifically for makers & crafters and how simple and user-friendly it is to update.
Many users said “My accountant loves your spreadsheet too!” — the highest form of praise!
Paper + Spark users are more likely to actually DO their books consistently and over the long term. According to survey results, 65% of spreadsheet users have been using their sheets for at least 2 years. 61% of spreadsheet users report that they update their sheets at least once a month.
Are you looking for a spreadsheet to help you with logging supplies, tracking inventory, and pricing your goods for sale? One of our inventory spreadsheets may be a good fit. Check them out here.
Need the Shopify Seller Spreadsheet and an inventory spreadsheet too? Build your own bundle of spreadsheets and get a significant discount here.
Due to the nature of their reporting, I do not recommend you use this spreadsheet with the PayPal import add on. You could potentially double count your Shopify PayPal sales.
Have questions about any of our spreadsheets? Not sure which tool best fits your needs? Check out the Spreadsheet Resource page for FAQs, videos, and more info.